Year One, Month-By-Month
This lesson will put together what you've learned in previous lessons and put it together into a plan to optimize your first year in Toastmasters, with these overall goals:
- Achieving Level 3 in the Pathway of your choice
- Becoming skilled and confident at filling all meeting roles
- Creating a vision & mission for your self-development plans
- Developing a bank of content to use
1. Month 1
You've just joined your Toastmasters club. This month will focus on setting yourself up for future success.
- Toastmasters International (TI):
- Make sure the officers register you correctly with TI. You should receive mail with your account information.
- Get your TI login setup. Put this login information into a program like KeePass.
- Edit your TI profile as needed (address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses).
- Bookmark the Toastmasters website (you may want to create a bookmarks folder for Toastmasters-related sites).
- Take the Pathways survey and choose your first path.
- Your club's websites:
- Easy Speak - make sure you bookmark the URL. Edit your profile as needed (address, phone numbers, e-mail address).
- Free Toast Host - make sure you bookmark the URL. Edit your profile as needed (address, phone numbers, e-mail address).
- Begin creating your Toastmasters binder.
- Sign up for your first project to do next month - ask the VPE.
- Ask the VPE for a mentor or accountability buddy.
- Study the beginner roles section in the RDG TM Meetings program. You should volunteer for one of these roles if needed.